Friday, September 28, 2012

Quiet Books (Activity Books)

Gabe will vouch that I have been pretty obsessed with crafting these days. I guess I am trying to live up to my Craft name. :) My recent obsession has been quiet books. These are cloth books made to keep little hands busy when you are in a situation where the child needs to be somewhat quiet. We use ours at home too though. I have made 3 so far. I was really inspired by a blogger who offers free patterns and tutorials. Her blog is called Imagine Our Life. It is a fantastic blog and I adore her patterns. She also blogs about homeschooling her preschool aged son. Here is a link to her blog Imagine Our life
I have made her Cooking breakfast page and her baking cupcakes page.
Over the last 2 weeks I decided to try my hand at making my own patterns for a special birthday book for Violet's 3rd birthday present. I incorporated some of the lyrics and song titles of one of Violet's favorite albums, Party Day by Laurie Berkner. It is a fun cd all about having fun and celebrating. Violet loves to sing and dance along to the music. We often listen to it on our way to church and will listen to it twice in it's entirety before we get there and sometimes again on the way home. Gabe and I enjoy the music as well. So without further ado.... Here are some pics of the Birthday Book I made
The doll was taken from this pattern. She is removable and has different clothes to wear.



Lift flap that covers the cake

Can't have a birthday without a pinata
To practice numbers. The flaps are removable and she has to match the number on the flap to the corresponding number of items on the pinata.








This is a bed for the doll to go to sleep in. Pillow is loose and hides inside the bed when not being used.
 

I had so much fun creating this book for Violet. I hope she enjoys playing with it. :) Birthday post to come next week. I can't believe our baby is turning 3!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment