Monday, January 06, 2014

10 Year Wedding Anniversary

On January 3, Gabe and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary. I had told Violet the night before that the next day was mommy and daddy's wedding anniversary. She asked me, "Mommy what is a wedding anniversary?" I told her that it is a day to remember that mommy and daddy promised God that we would love each other and take care of each other for the rest of our lives. She then asked "Do you have to get married again?" I told her "No we don't but some people do that to celebrate."
When she woke up the next morning instead of her usual "Good morning mama!" she woke me by saying

"Happy Anniversary Mommy! Today is our wedding anniversary day!" (she pronounced it anahversari, kind of with a Japanese twist). I woke up and smiled. She told me that she wanted to make me breakfast in bed and that she and daddy would bring me my breakfast when it was ready.

As she was climbing down from the loft she started saying "Happy Wedding Reverse! What do you want to do on your wedding reverse?" I just giggled. I didn't correct her because it was so cute. Later that day she said "Since today is your wedding universe, I'll make you something special." It was so cute!

For most of the day though, she kept calling it our wedding reverse. And she was wanting to celebrate with us all day. It was very sweet!

Here is a video that I made for Gabe.
 Click here to watch the video You can view it even if you don't use facebook.
 
The beginning has this poem that I wrote for him as his anniversary gift. 

I Do

Cold wind blowing
Velvet skirt with my knees showing
Shoes so high I could touch the sky
We didn't want to say goodbye
 
The night I met you
I knew for the rest of my life
I would love you
And one day I would be your wife 
 
Sixteen years and a wedding ring
And still my heart wants to sing
That I love you, I love you I love you
Still
 
My hair's a little grayer
Your beards a whole lot shorter
Our lives are so much brighter
And a little one's by our side
 
She makes the days seem shorter
Her smile makes us fly
Four years gone by
And it's as if she's always been
 
You're the one who makes me cry
You are the one who makes me sigh
And still I love you, I love you. 
I do. 
 
And if I had to do it all again
Stand up there in front of friends
And pledge my life and love to you
I would
 
Cause you're the one who makes me smile
The one for whom I'd walk for miles
I'll love you till the day I die
So please my love, don't make me cry 
Say you'll stay right by my side 
And always call me your sweet bride
 
Because I love you, I love you, I love you.
I do. 
  



No comments:

Post a Comment