Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day

Happy Father's Day!!

Violet is growing by leaps and bounds. It amazes me everyday how many new things she is learning. On Saturday she learned how to give a kiss when asked to do so. It is one of the most precious things I have ever seen. Her face gets very serious and thoughtful and then she gently presses her mouth up against our cheek or face or mouth. She also kisses her doll and bear, Mahatma. I was so surprised yesterday when I asked her to kiss her baby doll, she picked her up and actually turned the doll over so that she could kiss her on her face. It was precious. One of the wonderful things about her learning to kiss is that yesterday was Father's Day. So we woke Daddy up with kisses. It was beautiful and I could see how happy it made Gabe. She was so focused on showing affection to Gabe yesterday, it was amazing. She kissed him at random times and also when we asked her to do so. She snuggled up to him during our morning family nap too. It was beautiful. She is so perceptive. Gabe said maybe she sensed that I was focusing on him yesterday and so she did the same. It reminded me how much she feeds off of our emotions. I pray that God will grant me the ability to teach Violet how to be loving to others at all times. Not just on special occasions but everyday. I pray she will love people for who they are each and every day. That means that Gabe and I have to provide that example for her to learn from. Thank you Gabe, for being a kind and loving father and husband. You teach me daily about tolerance toward others and patience and peace. You are an amazing Daddy to our Violet. I love you!

Heavenly Father, thank you for teaching us how to love and for loving us just as we are. As children we learn how to relate to our Father in heaven through the love of our father's on earth. I am so thankful that God blessed me with such a loving Daddy.

To my father on earth, Daddy, Thank you for loving me just as I am and for teaching me how to love. You are a wonderful man and father and I am so thankful for all that you sacrificed for me and our family. I love you!

To my Dad Craft, Thank you for accepting me into your family and for loving me as your own daughter. Your love means so much to me. Thank you for all that you do for all of us everyday. I love you!



more pics on facebook album

No comments:

Post a Comment