Saturday, December 29, 2012

WinterVacation day 1

When we went to bed last night we told Vi we would be going on an adventure in the morning. We told her we were going to ride a train and stay at a hotel. She was thrilled! So when she woke up the morning of the trip she said, "is it time to go in our train now?" Then she started to climb down the ladder and said "I'm going to get ready now. " we got to the station and she was more than excited to ride the train. She asked questions about the train and what it was called. When it pulled up she shouted "it's here it's here!!" I wish I could adequately describe the lookof excitement on her face. Then we got off and changed trains. Again more excitement. We finally made it to Aomori. The translation of this city means "blue forest". When we got off the train we said were here in Aomori. Violet said"where is the blue?" We both smiled. Then we excitedly walked through the snowy, icy streets to our hotel. Violet said is this our home? We said for 4 nights it is. So she shouted all the way up to the building " we're home we're home!" We got checked in and took the elevator up to the 8th floor. When we opened our door Violet sat right down at the edged of the door on the floor and took off her boots. Gabe and I looked at each other and smiled. She then said "I'm going to close my eyes when I go in so I can be surprised about the color of the blanket (bed spread)!" She walked in a said "wow!! It's aquarium color!" We had a light dinner and enjoyed a bath. She was exceedingly happy about every little thing. She picked up a tissue from the box in the room and said, "ooh it smells hotely!"
Finally after no nap at 7:30 she was getting tired. She said "I'm gonna sleep by myself tonight. Ok?" Sure I said. Then she reached up to nurse and said "well, maybe just a little snuggle." She was out in 2 minutes of nursing.
That was day one and a wonderful beginning to our trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment