Thursday, April 04, 2013

First day of Sakura Gumi (the 3 and 4 year old class) with video

Today Violet started her first day of Sakura Gumi at her nursery school. It was a sweet morning and Gabe and I were overjoyed that she was so excited to go to school today. Up until today Violet has been in a classroom upstairs and this year her classroom in downstairs. The school split up her class that has been together for 2 years and spread them out into 3 classrooms. They mix them with children who are already 4 so that they can learn together with older kids. Violet has been thrilled the past week as they went to "practice" in the classrooms everyday. She loves being around older girls and enjoys playing with them. She is excited to make new friends and in fact all she talked about this morning was how much she loves her friends. She even went so far as to tell us both at different times that she loves her friends more than us. We knew what she meant though.
When we woke up this morning she asked her usual question "Is today school?" Usually when I answer yes she cries inconsolably for at least 5 minutes. So today I was hesitant to answer. She asked a second time and I said "Yes, today is school." She shouted out "Yay!!!" This is usually her answer when I say no. So I repeated myself thinking she had misunderstood. "Today IS a school day sweetheart." She shouted out again "Yay! Yay! I love school I love school! I love my friends!" I was shocked and thrilled! She did start to cry though because she asked about her lunch and it wasn't what she was hoping for. On Monday I had to send her with a bento (boxed lunch) and today I was only supposed to send rice. She wanted mama's special bento again and I told her I couldn't do that today. Then we got up and she said "Can I at least take gari with my rice?" (Gari is pickled ginger and Violet is an addict!) So I said yes. We sewed a quick new bag for her lunch box because the bento box she wanted to take wouldn't fit in the bag we were going to use. So I made a new one this morning and repacked the lunch. I just really wanted the morning to go smoothly for her and I had the time. Then we had breakfast, read some books and got dressed for school. We took some photos outside and in the car and at school.
She was so excited about her new class. She gets to wear a new smock that the big kids wear and we got her a new bag to carry. Just like the big kids. She LOVES her new bag! We bought it yesterday afternoon and she wanted to wear it while she danced in ballet class last night too. Funny girl!
When we got to school we walked up as usual. Then when we got to her classroom I set her down and she stopped me at the door and said, "Let's say goodbye from here ok mama?" I must admit in my heart I felt a twinge of sadness that she didn't need me anymore and Gabe said he felt the same. But more than anything I was thrilled that she was happy! No tears! No breaking my heart and reaching out for me to hold her one more time. It was amazing. We gave our hugs and kisses and kissing hands. Then our final kitty touch (kind of like a high five but with curled up hands like a paw). We did a few kitty touches and she didn't seem to know if she had had enough of those and kept touching out to my hand. Then we stepped back and she smiled and waved! It was wonderful!
I don't know if everyday will be like this but we will definitely rejoice in this one!
Here are some pics of our big girl on her first day!
she said her favorite book was Sleepy Dog(that was what she read last night and this morning)




with her new bag

with Daddy and wearing her new smock




My 2 favorite people!







She wasn't crying but it looks like it here. She was telling us about the sun in her eyes.



holding mama's breakfast smoothie

she looks so big in this seat












































No comments:

Post a Comment