Monday, June 17, 2013

I Love you, Daddy!


As a little girl
I reached up to find
your rough, strong hand
 to hold in mine.

I loved dancing on your shoes
and wearing your crooked pigtails
the way you made me laugh
and how you'd carry me anywhere.

The first man I ever loved
My knight in shining armor.
You carried me through pain and tears
To me, there was no one stronger.

On my beside table
In a heart shaped frame 
I kept a picture of you
making a silly face

I grew into a teenage girl
and fell in love a time or two
and once I changed the picture out
to him instead of you

It wasn't till I'd become a mom
that I realized
how much that act
might have affected you

When that boy broke my heart in two
The one who still remained was you.
You were the one to dry my tears
to hold my hand and calm my fears.

Through all of my life's heartaches
you've been there to carry me
And I'll never be able to thank you enough
For the amazing way you've loved me.

And though I'm all grown up now
I still crave your attention
and how much I still look forward to
receiving your affection

You may have walked me down the aisle
and given my hand away
but you will always be my first true love
and that will never change.

No matter how old I grow
I'll always be your little girl
you'll always love me as I am
and to me that means the world.

Love, Your Little Dump AKA Punkie



No comments:

Post a Comment