Tuesday, December 24, 2013

A gift

Today as we were walking home from school Violet asked many questions, as she usually does. She asked about family and love. She wanted to know where my mommy was. I told her Grandma Pam was still in heaven. She replied "So you don't have your mommy or your Mamo or your Papo." I said "No I don't. But even though I can't see them anymore I can still feel them all around me." I know she senses my sadness and grief.
She looked at me for a moment and then said, "I will give you my binoculars for Christmas,  mommy. My binoculars will help you see all the way up to heaven. Then you can see your mommy and Mamo and Papo again and wish them a a Merry Christmas. That's what I want to give you for Christmas." 

Oh sweet girl, you heal my heart everyday. I so wish those binoculars would work for me like they work for you.
The heart of a child is so precious. 

Merry Christmas Eve!
Oh come oh come Emmanuel. 
And randsome captive Israel
That mourns in lonely exile here
Until the Son of God appear
Rejoice Rejoice Emmanuel
shall come to the oh Israel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment