Monday, May 27, 2013

Dancing in my dreams

Violet told me she wanted to sleep in her ballet shoes tonight so she could be dancing in her dreams. She also wanted to sleep in her Christmas Eve dress.

Tonight before dinner she asked to put on her Christmas Eve dress and butterfly wings because she wanted to do a performance. She also put on her butterfly wings and said she was the Butterfly Princess. I was to be the Bunny Prince and she was going to save me.so I put on my bunny ears.

She set up all her friends to watch and narrated the story. "Once there was a Bunny Prince and he got into trouble. He fell down and broke his ear. Then the Butterfly Princess came and saved him. Then, once, the bunny prince and butterfly princess danced a beautiful dance and then they got married...." The story went on and on with rescuing and trips to the doctor. Finally, she ended it with "then butterfly princess turned into a baby and the prince turned into a mommy and she had milkies." And she crawled into my lap to nurse.
Such fun pretending together and watching her create her own play.

This morning she wanted to play with her "Jesus House" and she said she wanted to put it out to show that we love everyone. She pulled out her nativity set and a mini tree and then decorated it. I was cooking breakfast when I heard Away in A Manger begin to play. I came in and found her with the lights on the tree turned on and setting up her manger scene. Precious memory.

Her little heart is so tender and I love how she respects all living creatures. Upon finding a dead worm she asked if we could pray for it. She wanted to make sure it wasn't in pain anymore. She wants to pray every time we find a dead insect or worm. Also at the grocery store tonight she wanted to say hi to the fish (which are all dead already but she likes to talk to them). One had blood on its back. She said "oh mommy that one has a red spot on her. What is it?" I told her it was blood from being caught. But it wasn't in pain anymore. I explained that the fish gave up its life so that someone could eat it and grow strong. She then said,"mom I think we should pray for the fish and thank it for giving it's life up." So we did.

Another funny thing she told me tonight after I bumped my arm. "Mom, you need to get a shot in your bottom and have your head checked!" Hahaha

Goodnight all! May you all be dancing in your dreams tonight.













No comments:

Post a Comment