Thursday, January 16, 2014

Violet's Birthday Party Pictures

I am really behind on posting pictures as you can see. During our summer vacation back to the US we had an early birthday party with the Elizondo's and friends in San Antonio. Since we were are usually here in Japan on her birthday, she had never been able to celebrate her birthday with her cousins. My Dad and Sarah graciously offered to host a party for her and so we celebrated back in August with a pool party. (I will post those pics later as they are on a different computer.) In September my dear grandmother passed away and we made another trip home to the States for her funeral services. So, we ended up in SA on her actual birthday. I wasn't going to have another party but some of my cousins that didn't get to come to the first one asked if I would please celebrate it again. So instead of having a big party I just invited family and friends to meet us at a restaurant for dinner and I brought a cake. The Cove has a wonderful outdoor patio with a playground, so we met there. They also have delicious organic and gluten free food! So it was fun for us all. Many of my Aunts and Uncles and cousins and their kids joined us as well as my immediate family members. Violet was thrilled to have another party and even though I said no gifts.... she was pleased to open presents from everyone. I made a gluten free cake (Betty Crocker now makes a gluten free box cake mix) and we brought balloons for every kid to take home. I think the party was a success. These pics were in the afternoon on her birthday. She loves jumping on the trampoline at my Dad's house. I love it too! :) She also really wanted to wear a birthday hat the whole day!
she calls this her party dress. We gave it to her on her 3rd birthday and she wore it to her 3rd birthday party. She wanted to wear it on her 4th bday too. It still fits!)







Love that blue Texas Sky!










We had fish tacos at The Cove.

I caught Sammy with his mouth full! Sorry!


October 1st but it was still sooooo hot!

Maddie eating Blue Bell. Only the best ice cream around!

Uncle Ray Ray and his baby girl!

Uncle Steve and Aunt Katie were there too!

Uncle Steve's birthday is on the same day so Katie invited some of their friends to meet up there too. We were lucky and got two table together so we could enjoy both parties! Happy Birthday Mr. Steve! (Violet calls Steve Mr. Steve because she loves Blues Clues!  Steve is always so kind to do the two thumbs up move for her when they say goodbye!)



Happy Birthday to you!










Balloons!



Elizabeth made Violet a box with pictures of them together during summer break and a handmade necklace


Sweet Chloe on the left

Here she is putting on the necklace

The playground is fully covered! The only way to play in hot summer, fall and spring in SA


When we got back to Japan our sweet friend Mutsuko offered to hold another party for Violet. We always celebrate with her and our friends here in Takata and Sumita. I made a cake the night we got back and then iced it in the morning before the party.












We played pin the tail on the donkey. Here is Violet showing Baba how to play





And Auntie Keiko

We even got Daichi to play!


Violet loves Daichi. He was three when we moved here. Now he is 13!!



Both were great parties and she definitely felt celebrated!

No comments:

Post a Comment