Thursday, March 20, 2014

August 2013 A trip to the Witte Museum, Time with Papaw Sweet and The Big Latch On 2013

We took a trip to the Witte Museum with my dad, my sister and brother. They had a dinosaur exhibit there. I used to go to the Witte when I was a child and we took several school field trips there. It was so fun to take Violet there and tell about how I used to go there when I was little too. She loves hearing stories about her daddy and mommy when they were little. She enjoyed the mummy exhibit the most of all.
In front of the museum


digging for bones




dropping a penny into the black hole with Grandpop

Aidan showing us how strong he is


Super Aidan




We also made a trip out to Anahuac to visit my Papaw and his wife Jean. Violet fell in love with Papaw and told him repeatedly that when she grows up she wants to marry him. Of course his heart melted over those words.






We were also able to attend the Big Latch On again this year. It was our second time to attend. Violet was the oldest nursling there. She enjoyed seeing all the babies and was excited to be at the "Milky Party" as she called it. She couldn't wait to "sip up those milkies" when it was time to count how many babies were latched on at the same time. My sweet Godmother, Nancy went with us as a supporter. I was so happy that she joined us. I know my mommy would have been there with me if she could. Nancy and my mom were in La Leche League together.




We sat next to this lovely couple. Their baby was possibly the youngest baby there.
A wonderful photographer was there to take photos of all the mamas and babies/children. Marsha took this one of us. I really love it.



I am really looking forward to next year's Big Latch On. I don't know if Violet will still be nursing but I still hope to go as a supporter!




No comments:

Post a Comment