Thursday, March 20, 2014

July 2013 Katie's Wedding and Violet's first 4th Birthday Party

I'm still playing catch up here on the blog. Here are some pics from Katie's wedding and Violet's first of her three bday parties last year. We hadn't planned on her having 3 parties but it just worked out that way. When we went home for summer vacation, my dad and Sarah graciously offered to host a birthday party for Violet at their house. She had never been able to celebrate her birthday with our family in Texas and had been asking if her cousins could come to her birthday party in Japan. Since that wasn't possible, Grandpop and Sarah said, "let's just celebrate early and have your party here!" So we did! They went all out with Kitty decorations and my big brother Sixto dazzled us with one of his amazing chocolate cakes! He even made it a kitty cake! Violet was over the moon with her party and was so happy to celebrate it with so many of her cousins!

So first we will start with some pics from my friend Katie's wedding. She got married at a beautiful site near the river walk. So for the rehearsal dinner we rode from the Southwest School of Art to the dinner venue downtown on a river boat! It was so fun and Violet really enjoyed the ride!

Sweet Bubba and Kim, little did we know they would be engaged less than a month later!

Matt and KK!


Such a lovely couple!

me and my future sister-in-law. Love this girl!

me and the bride! Always having fun!


This is our "prom picture" pose. Love these two!

LOVE


KK and JJ

Their famous engagement pose. Jonathan was a bridesman in Katie's wedding, just as he was in mine.


Violet dancing with the big girls

she danced and danced....

and danced! She stayed up till midnight!

Violet had so much fun at the wedding and I thought she would never stop dancing. She showed us all some great moves and she had everyone smiling. In fact we all did a good bit of dancing.

Mama getting down.
Shout!
Heeeaeey! I think we are still dancing to shout here.
dancing with the lovely bride. Something was obviously funny to me.
Six and Heather

This was when we were getting ready
walking down to "Somebody's getting married" from the Muppets! It was my first time to be a matron of honor.

Jonathan and I got to sing Katie down the aisle.
Matt singing "Marry Me" probably really thinking he wanted to ask Kim right then!


With my date for the night! My oldest friend Katy. Our mama's were best friends as children and we've been friends since birth.




with my other date
Not sure what I'm laughing at but everyone else seems to think it's funny too.



The guests (some had gone home at this point).


The stylin wedding party

Katie made all the flowers for her wedding with Origami paper straight from Japan!




The wedding was beautiful and intimate and very original. I am so happy for my sweet friend that she has found her partner for life! Best wishes to Katie and Steve





The next day was Violet's birthday party. We had hamburgers and went swimming. It was so much fun!

The decorations. Violet wanted lots of balloons!
the grown ups in the hot tub

Violet and cousin Ava. Ava is my cousin's little girl.

Violet loves Ava



Violet and Aunt Maddie

Cassie and Allie


Ava and her Mimi

Sarah and Grandpop


Uncle Don

Six and my dad led a big cannon ball jump



The delicious chocolate cake that my brother made!




Violet LOVED her cake!


Aunt Katie didn't leave for her honeymoon right away so she came too!











She was so happy!

Aunt Kim even wore a hat

Sixy wore two hats!


Thanking Grandpop for the party

And Sarah too

opening presents



all she asked for was a real kitty.... so Sarah and Grandpop got her a FurReal Kitty. She was over the moon!





Auntie Mamcy with Eos and Sixy

After the party with her Snowball

It was a great party with family and friends. We were so thankful to everyone who came and to Six and Heather for the cake and Dad and Sarah for hosting such a wonderful party!

No comments:

Post a Comment