Thursday, March 20, 2014

August 2013 The Painted Plate and dinner with Mamo

In San Antonio, summer can be unbearable. For the kids it's hard to be stuck inside all day. So we planned a trip to a paint your own pottery studio. Violet painted a kitty, of course. I took my sister, brother, niece and nephew along with us! It was a lot of fun! I definitely have a lot of respect for moms with 5 kids! I had my hands full for sure!













we had dinner at the cove the next night. It was evening but it was still around 100 degrees. The Cove has a covered play ground so their skin is red from the heat




Our last night in SA, my dad cooked fajitas and invited over my Aunt and Mamo. We had such a lovely dinner. It was the last time I saw Mamo. She was so tired and still so sad. But I thought she was going to get better and stronger. We got her into the hot tub and she seemed really relaxed and we all had such a good time. I hugged her so many times that night and as I walked her to the car, I reminded myself that it might be the last time I saw her, though in my heart I didn't want to believe it. I hugged and kissed her over and over as I tried to say goodbye. I miss her so terribly.

She adores him


and he adores her too

silly Uncle Matt

Silly Aunt Heather and Uncle Sixto



Mamo in the hot tub

she was so happy



No comments:

Post a Comment