Thursday, March 20, 2014

August 2013 Lake Trip

Every summer we spend a few days out at my Dad and Brother Sixto's lake house. It is such a nice house with great access to the water. I grew up on this same lake and I am so glad that Violet gets to go there too. Violet had a great time with her cousins and Aunts and Uncles. She always looks forward to our trips there.
It was also Mamo's last trip out to the lake. She was grieving so much for my grandfather and so many of their days were spent out at that lake. She fished a little and even caught one. We all said it was Papo sending her his love through a fish. They often fished together when they were there.























I know there are lots of life jacket pics but I love all her different faces in these photos. :)






Mamo brought her this dress and tights for her birthday and she wanted to put them on right away.

Violet is standing on the chair that was part of my family dinner table as a child


I love this one






Violet swimming in the "big water" with her cousins and mommy







Driving Grandpop's boat

watching the tubers











Family photo








My dad put some lake weed on his upper lip and he REALLY looks like his brother, my Uncle Sam!

Nina, me and Trudy



we teased them that they were taking engagement photos.... hehe a few weeks later they got engaged!












It's just not summer without some watermelon! 






No comments:

Post a Comment